The American Council on Exercise (ACE) recently surveyed 1,000 ACE-certified personal trainers about the best techniques to get fit. Their top three suggestions:
- Strength training. Even 20 minutes a day twice a week will help tone the entire body.
- Interval training. “In its most basic form, interval training might involve walking for two minutes, running for two, and alternating this pattern throughout the duration of a workout,” says Cedric Bryant, PhD, FACSM, chief science officer for ACE. “It is an extremely time-efficient and productive way to exercise.”
- Increased cardio/aerobic exercise. Bryant suggests accumulating 60 minutes or more a day of low- to moderate-intensity physical activity, such as walking, running, or dancing.
Eight rounds of the following 20/10’s:
- Squat and press weights
- Left Leg Mountain Climbers
- Right Leg Mountain Climbers
- Left Leg Dead Lift
- Right Leg Dead Lift
- Pushup / Flip Toe Touch
- Left Leg Jack knife Sit Up
- Right Leg Jack knife Sit Up